This is an extract of our Hypothalamus And Pituitary document, which we sell as part of our Endocrinology Notes collection written by the top tier of University Of Leicester students.
The following is a more accessble plain text extract of the PDF sample above, taken from our Endocrinology Notes. Due to the challenges of extracting text from PDFs, it will have odd formatting:
Hypothalamus and Pituitary HypothalamusGonadotrophin-releasing hormone GnRH Dopamine Growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) Thyrotrophin-releasing hormone (TRH) Corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH) Vasopressin (ADH) Oxytocin
- Base of brain around the third ventricle and above the pituitary stalk
- Hypophyseal-portal blood supply carried in pituitary stalk
- Optic chiasm lies just above pituitary fossa - so any expansion can lead to visual field defects (tunnel vision)
- Anterior = from rathke's pouch
- Posterior = from neural tissue Anterior FSH LH ACTH TSH GH Prolactin GnRH
Posterior Vasopressin (ADH) Oxytocin
Dopamine TRH CRH Somatostain
Sperm growth Ovulation
Breasts, Thyroid Adrenals Gonads Lactation
Buy the full version of these notes or essay plans and more in our Endocrinology Notes.