A more recent version of these Limitation Periods notes – written by City Law School students – is available here.
The following is a more accessble plain text extract of the PDF sample above, taken from our BPTC Civil Ligitation Notes. Due to the challenges of extracting text from PDFs, it will have odd formatting:
Limitation Periods Time Limit "Promptly and in any event no more than 3 months from the date when the grounds for the application first arose"
1. Judicial Review
1. Human Rights Act 1998
s7 HRA 1998
1. Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978
2. Claims for PI, or damage to vessel, cargo, or property, or PI to passengers at sea
s10 LA 1980 s190(3) Merchant Shipping Act 1995
1. Personal Injury (Whether s11 LA 1980 derived action is negligence, breach of duty, s12 LA 1980 statute etc)
2. Fatal Accidents Act 1976
1. General Tort (Unless Negligence, Latent Damage, Simple Tort, or PI)
3. Statutory Claims
4. Special Period for Latent Damage Negligence
5. Disability (With PI/Defamation exceptions)
s5 LA 1980 s9 LA 1980 s14A LA 1980 s28 LA 1980
1. Defective Products (Date s11A LA 1980 of supply) - NB: This is 3 years if death.
1. Action upon a Speciality
2. Land (Exc LRA 2002)
s8 LA 1980 s15 LA 1980
1. General Negligence (Excluding PI)
s14B LA 1980
1. Fraudulent Breach of Trust
s21(1)(a) LA 1980
Buy the full version of these notes or essay plans and more in our BPTC Civil Ligitation Notes.